I'm embarrassed to admit that the writing funk of 2020 consumed me again. We were lucky enough to visit Brick & Bourbon concluding month when eating outside at restaurants was nonetheless a thing and I was then excited to be able to feel the Brick & Bourbon rooftop patio in downtown Stillwater, Minnesota.

Brick & Bourbon has been a identify that has been recommended to me by multiple family unit and friends when they institute out I moved back to the East suburbs and was craving something new. It definitely lived up to the hype!

Food:

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater Duck Fat Wontons and Pork Belly Poutine

We were lucky enough to have a few friends join u.s., which meant that nosotros were able to get multiple appetizers to try without feeling disgusted with ourselves haha

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater Pork Belly Poutine

Pork Belly Poutine: Cheese curds, smoked pork belly and fresh cut fries smothered in beef gravy

I've never been a fan of poutine (even in Canada), but when I saw the words "Pork Belly" I decided that these were worth a shot. I'thou so glad I took the risk. They were phenomenal. I definitely recommend.

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater Duck Bacon Wontons

Duck Salary Wontons: Blend of smoked duck salary, cream cheese, charred sweet corn, and herbs wrapped in a crispy wanton and served with pomegranate sriracha

We actually concluded up ordering a couple of these so that in that location were enough for everyone to try. I loved the mix of the duck salary. Information technology was a flavor combination I've never had before, but I would definitely practice again.

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater Cast Iron Mac and Cheese

Cast Iron Mac & Cheese: Campanella broiled pasta in a five cheese mornay foam sauce and topped with fontina and garlic bread crumbs

I was beyond excited to see that they had a whole mac & cheese department. I was going dorsum and forth with the Wild Mushroom Mac & Cheese and the original and eventually I decided that I'd go for the original to use it as a base of operations for comparisons side by side time haha. It was then beyond good and due to the corporeality of appetizer I stuffed in my mouth I had leftovers that were perfect for the side by side mean solar day!

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater New York New York Sliders

New York New York Sliders: New York way pepper crusted pastrami shaved thin on cheesy pretzel slider rolls, topped with shaved Dijon carmalized brussel sprouts, fresh kraut, butter fontina cheese and firm made tangy Brick & Bourbon sauce

Boyfriend got the sliders from the shareables card as his main, because nothing beats a skilful pretzel bun!

SEE THE Carte du jour

Drinks:

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater Cocktail

Cucumber Cup: Vodka, Cucumber Juice, Agave Nectar and Lime Juice

I am a sucker for a cucumber cocktail and these were actually practiced. I may or may non take had iii or 4….. #sorrynotsorry

In addition to a craft cocktails bill of fare they also have a pretty skillful local beer list besides every bit a robust Bourbon & whiskey menu…of grade.

Encounter THE Beverage Carte du jour

Service/Atmosphere:

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater Minnesota

Unfortunately, with it being dark out I wasn't able to get a dandy photo of the river, only the view from the rooftop facing the Celebrated Stillwater Lift Bridge is beautiful.

Brick and Bourbon Stillwater Minnesota

Service was great and they were accommodating for our group of 5 on the rooftop which was fantastic. Obviously right now they are not open for indoor dining, but in normal times they do non have reservations on Friday or Saturday nights and crave the majority of your political party to be at that place to exist seated so make certain you relieve some time past visiting their website to go on their waitlist.

They currently take iii locations (Stillwater, St. Cloud and Maple Grove) and information technology looks similar they're going to be opening up a 4th in Eden Prairie soon.

five Stars.

Brick & Bourbon
215 Primary St. S
Stillwater, MN 55082
Tuesday – Wednesday: 3PM – 10PM
Thursday: 11AM – 10PM
Fri: 11AM – MIDNIGHT
Saturday: 10AM – MIDNIGHT
Sunday: 10AM – 9PM